Specialty: Geriatric Medicine
Sub-specialties: Dementia, Perioperative Medicine
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Prior to training in geriatric medicine, Dr Lim Si Ching was a renal physician in Brunei looking after the largest dialysis centre in Brunei. After completing her specialist training in geriatric medicine at Changi General Hospital (CGH), she went on to set up the inpatient service for Geriatric Medicine in SGH which includes training for the nurses, medical students, junior doctors and trainees.
As a senior consultant with the Department of Geriatric Medicine in CGH, she has successfully set up dementia ward 58 and has been involved in multiple CGH quality improvement projects.
1. SC Lim, V Doshi, B Castasus, JKH Lim, K Mamun. Factors causing delay in discharge of elderly patients in an acute care hospital. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2006;35:27-32
2. SC Lim, K Mamun et al. Discharge of elderly patients from acute hospital- Experience of a Geriatric Care Unit in Singapore. Aus Jour on Ageing, Nov 2006;vol 25, supp 1, page 438.
3. SC Lim, K Mamun. Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment. SGH Proceedings. Vol 17. Nov 3.2008. page 148-153.
4. SC Lim. The elderly Fallers, what do we need to know. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare vol 19, number 2, 2010 pg 155-8.
5. Si Ching Lim, Kaysar Mamun, Jim KH Lim. Comparison between elderly inpatient fallers with and without dementia. Singapore Med J 2014; 55(2): 67-71 doi:10.11622/smedj.2014017
6. SC Lim, Jeannie PL Ong, CH Poh, Christopher TC Lien. Nutrition and the role of tube feeding in the elderly. Jacobs Journal of Gerontology. JJ Geronto. 2016,2(1):017
7. Lim SC, Poon WH. Restraint use in the management of the elderly with dementia in hospital. : Internal Medicine Research - Open Journal (IMROJ). Vol 1 issue 2- December 14, 2016. Article link :
8. Lim SC (2017) A case of Getting the Diagnosis Right in the Management of An Elderly Man with Challenging Behavior. J Gerontol Geriatr Res 6: 383. doi:10.4172/2167-7182.1000383
9. Lim SC, Chow PCL (2017) A Case of Atraumatic Fracture Resulting from Physical Restraint in an Elderly Woman. J Gerontol Geriatr Res 6: 387. doi:10.4172/2167-7182.1000387
10. SC Lim. Managing the elderly with urinary Incontinence and Dementia. Int Arch Urol Complic 2017;3:027. DOI: 10.23937/2469-5742/1510027
11. Si Ching LIM. Managing behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia- from a geriatrician’s perspective. J Aging Geriatr Psychiatry. 2017;1(3):1-7
12. Lim SC, Koh AJH (2017) Nutrition and the Elderly Surgical Patients. MOJ Surg 4(5): 00088. DOI: 10.15406/mojs.2017.04.00088
13. SC Lim, Adrian JH Koh, Poon WH. Electronic display board in OT for easy patient identification. Lim SC, et al. BMJ Open Quality 2017;0:e000021. doi:10.1136/bmjoq-2017-000021
14. Lim SC. Medication non-compliance among the elderly with dementia. Theranostics Brain Disord. 2017;2(1):555577.
15. Si Ching LIM (2017). Managing the elderly with dementia and frequent falls. Gen Med Open 2017. Volume 2(1): 1-4.
16. Lim SC (2017). The role of Dementia ward in an acute hospital. J Gerontol Geriatr res 6:453. doi:10.4172/2167-7182.1000453
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...