Sub-specialties: Reproductive Medicine, Osteoporosis
Dr King is a senior consultant endocrinologist at Changi General Hospital (CGH) and a visiting consultant in the Department of Reproductive Medicine, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital. He graduated with honours from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) in 2003, and completed specialist training in both endocrinology and general internal medicine in Ireland in 2013.
He spent two years conducting laboratory research, investigating the link between birth weight and cardiovascular disease, and was conferred with a Medical Doctorate (MD) for his thesis in 2012. His other areas of interest include PCOS, disorders of sex development, hypogonadism, infertility, gender and osteoporosis. He has presented his work at international conferences, has published many peer-reviewed articles, and is a reviewer for several medical journals.
Dr King undertook a fellowship in reproductive medicine at the Institute for Women’s Health, University College London in 2014, and then worked as a consultant in the department of endocrinology, University College Hospital before joining Changi General Hospital in 2016.
He is actively involved in education and has held tutor and lecturer posts with RCSI and University College Dublin. He is currently a clinical senior lecturer at NUS, and a clinical core faculty member, SingHealth endocrinology residency programme.
• Gani L, Reddy SK, Alsuwaigh R, Khoo J, King TFJ. High prevalence of missed opportunities for secondary fracture prevention in a regional general hospital setting in Singapore. Arch Osteoporos. 2017 Dec;12(1):60.
• Cameron-Pimblett A, La Rosa C, King TFJ, Davies MC, Conway GS. The Turner Syndrome Life Course Project: Karyotype-phenotype analyses across the lifespan. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2017 Nov;87(5):532-538.
• Ko JKY, King TFJ, Williams L, Creighton SM, Conway GS. Hormone replacement treatment choices in Complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome: An audit of an adult clinic. Endocr Connect. 2017 Aug;6(6):375-379.
• King TFJ, Wat WZM, Creighton SM, Conway GS. Bone mineral density in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome and the timing of gonadectomy. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2017 Aug;87(2):136-140.
• King TFJ, Lee MC, Williamson EJ, Conway GS. Experience in Optimising Fertility Outcomes in Men with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia due to 21 Hydroxylase Deficiency. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2016 Jun;84(6):830-6
• Mitchell P, King T, O'Shea D. Subcutaneous Emphysema in Acute Asthma: A Cause for Concern? Respir Care. 2015 Aug;60(8):e141-3.
• King TFJ, Conway GS. Swyer Syndrome. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2014 Dec;21(6):504-510
• King TFJ, McDermott J. Endothelial progenitor cells and cardiovascular disease. J Stem Cells. 2014;9(2):93-106.
• Crowley RK, Kilbane M, King TFJ, Morrin M, O'Keane M, McKenna MJ. Hungry bone syndrome and normalisation of renal phosphorus threshold after total parathyroidectomy for tertiary hyperparathyroidism in X-linked hypophosphataemia: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2014 Mar 4;8:84.
• King TFJ, Bergin DA, Kent EM, Manning F, Reeves EP, Dicker P, McElvaney NG, Sreenan S, Malone FD, McDermott JH. Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Mothers of Low-Birthweight Infants: A Link between Defective Placental Vascularization and Increased Cardiovascular Risk? J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Jan;98(1):E33-9
• King TFJ, Hayes FJ. Long-term outcome of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2012 Jun;19(3):204-10
• O'Sullivan EP, Behan LA, King TF, Hardiman O, Smith D. A case of stiff-person syndrome, type 1 diabetes, celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2009 May;111(4):384-6
• Behan LA, Draman MS, Moran C, King T, Crowley RK, O'Sullivan EP, Smith D, Thompson CJ, Agha A. Secondary resistance to cabergoline therapy in a macroprolactinoma: a case report and literature review. Pituitary. 2009 Feb 4.
• O'Malley G, Moran C, Draman MS, King T, Smith D, Thompson CJ, Agha A.Central pontine myelinolysis complicating treatment of the hyperglycaemic hyperosmolar state. Ann Clin Biochem. 2008 Jul;45(Pt 4):440-3.
• King TFJ, O’Shea P, O’Sullivan E, Srinivasan R, Griffin A, Fitzgerald R, Tormey W, Smith D. Case Report: An Apparent Phaeochromocytoma and Abnormal Thyroid Function Tests. Ann Clin Biochem 2008; 45: 215–217.
• Moran C, Behan LA, Draman MS, King T, Smith D, Sreenan S, Thompson C, Agha A. Spontaneous recovery from severe cardiac failure after acute hypotensive infarction of a somatotroph adenoma. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2007 Aug; 68(2):321-322
• Cawood T, King T, Sreenan S. Dystextia – a sign of the times? Ir Med J 2006 May;100(1):157.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...