Visiting Hours and Guidelines
We recognise that visitors are important to the healing process for our patients. The following guidelines have been established to encourage visitors, while giving our patients time to rest and recover. We seek your cooperation in following these guidelines.
Mon to Fri: 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm, 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Sat, Sun & Public Holiday: 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Mon to Sun including Public Holidays: 12pm to 2pm, 5pm to 9pm
After visiting hours, visitors will be asked to leave the wards. All the wards’ doors will be locked.
- All visitors to the ward have to register before they enter.
- No more than four visitors at a time are allowed at the patient’s bedside.
- Keep visits short as our patients need rest to recover.
- If treatment is required for the patient, our staff may ask visitors to leave.
- Children aged under 7 years are discouraged from visiting for health reasons. If they visit, they must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Those who are feeling unwell should refrain from patients.
- Be considerate and keep noise levels down. Noise is a source of stress that interrupts patients’ sleep and rest.
- Respect neighbouring patients’ need for quiet and privacy in a shared room or open ward.
- Refrain from eating by the patients’ bedside to reduce infection, and to ensure a clean and comfortable environment.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or sanitise them with alcohol rub before and after visiting a patient.
- Switch your mobile phone to “SILENT” mode, and speak softly on the phone to avoid disturbing patients. In the ICU, mobile phones cannot be used within 2 metres of any medical equipment.
- Smoking or drinking alcohol is not allowed on hospital premises.