Medical Centre for Travellers (MCT)
Everyone enjoys a trip abroad but not with the health problems that may come with it. These can range from a minor illness like "travellers diarrhoea" to more serious ones like cholera, typhoid, malaria, yellow fever and sexually transmitted diseases. It takes some effort to be a healthy traveller, but it is extremely worthwhile. Our friendly and professional staff from Changi General Hospital offers vaccination services and travel advice, as well as catering for the corporate traveller, missionaries and expedition travellers
Pre-travel Advice and Care
Vaccinations that are required and recommended for your country of destination. An update of any routinely required vaccinations will also be included.
- Malaria prevention pills and personal protection against insect bites
- Prevention and treatment of "travellers diarrhoea"
- Basic items to be included in an individualised travel medical kit
Treatment for returning travellers with the following complaints:
- Diarrhoea for more than 48 hours
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Medical screening for long-term travellers returning to Singapore following an overseas attachment
The Medical Centre for Travellers provides a full range of vaccines, on an appointment basis.
Vaccines (Appointment Basis)
Vaccines available on an appointment basis are:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis A Junior (1-18 years old)
- Hepatitis B
- Pilgrim Special (Meningococcal & Influenza)
- Twinrix (Hepatitis A/B)
- Varicella (Chicken pox)
- Yellow Fever
Vaccines (With Doctor's Consultation on appointment basis)
Vaccines available with Doctor's Consultation (appointment basis) are:
- Haemophilus Influenza Type B
- Human Papilloma Virus
- Japanese B Encephalitis
Discounted rates for families and large groups are available.
Our CGH Pharmacy also sells the Health Guide for Travellers and a Travel Medical Kit, which includes essential items such as pills for motion sickness, giddiness, anti-diarrhoea pills, antihistamines, fever and headache. The kit can be obtained without a doctor's prescription.
For appointments and enquiries, please contact: 6850 3333.