Organised by MOH's Smart Systems Programme Office (SSPO) and administered by the National Health Innovation Centre Singapore (NHIC), the SHARP Grant Call aims to catalyse research and innovations that will:
- Support delivering quality care by extending human capabilities and assisting in care activities
- Improve health and clinical outcomes by enabling timely monitoring and management of patient's health and needs
- Enable productivity gains by improving efficiency and optimising limited healthcare resources in the "General Nursing Ward 4.0"
- Support healthcare staff in the delivery of operational services related tasks which are physically demanding but lower value-adding
- Empower elderly population to age-in-place in the community
- Alleviate demands on community-based healthcare staff and caregivers in provision of healthcare
Through this Grant Call, MOH seeks novel, practical and impactful game-changing solutions to meet the following Challenge Statement:
Develop technology-enabled Smart health facilities that would reduce the nurse/staff-to-patient ratio, achieving 20% productivity, while maintaining or improving the quality of care rendered. The Smart health facilities may include verticals in the likes of smart patient monitoring (vital signs, pressure sores, falls prevention), smart patient movement (in terms of transfer and mobility), smart bedside care delivery (for example tele-interaction) and smart logistics (for just-in-time delivery of operational services related tasks, while optimising capabilities and assets), among other verticals. The research should ideally include components to make use of the data generated for analytics and decision support, and enable hospital to home using robotics to support and assist care in the community.
Please note that the SHARP Grant Call has now been closed. In May 2019, the following projects have been awarded to the respective Healthcare Clusters:
- SingHealth: Nursing-Robot Teaming for Care Delivery
- SingHealth: Intelligent Surgical Instruments Management System
- NUHS: Robotic Nursing Assistant
- NHG: AI-Driven Robotics for Last Last-Mile Delivery
- NHG: Care Assistant & Rehabilitation Enabling Robot
A synopsis of the awarded projects will be published at a later date.